The latest groundbreaking tome from Tim Ferriss, the #1 New York Times best-selling author of The 4-Hour Workweek.From the author: "For the last two years, I've interviewed nearly two hundred world-class performers for my podcast, The Tim Ferriss Show. The guests range from super celebs (Jamie Foxx, Arnold Schwarzenegger, etc.) and athletes (icons of powerlifting, gymnastics, surfing, etc.) to legendary Special Operations commanders and black-market biochemists. For most of my guests, it's the first time they've agreed to a two-to-three-hour interview, and the show is on the cusp of passing 100 million downloads.
This book contains the distilled tools, tactics, and 'inside baseball' you won't find anywhere else. It also includes new tips from past guests, and life lessons from new 'guests' you haven't met.
What makes the show different is a relentless focus on actionable details. This is reflected in the questions. For example: What do these people do in the first sixty minutes of each morning? What do their workout routines look like, and why? What books have they gifted most to other people? What are the biggest wastes of time for novices in their field? What supplements do they take on a daily basis?
I don't view myself as an interviewer. I view myself as an experimenter. If I can't test something and replicate results in the messy reality of everyday life, I'm not interested.
Everything within these pages has been vetted, explored, and applied to my own life in some fashion. I've used dozens of the tactics and philosophies in high-stakes negotiations, high-risk environments, or large business dealings. The lessons have made me millions of dollars and saved me years of wasted effort and frustration.
I created this book, my ultimate notebook of high-leverage tools, for myself. It's changed my life, and I hope the same for you."
Among hundreds of tactics, you will learn:
- How to optimize your mornings with Tony Robbins’s “priming” routine
- How to “go on the offense” in your life like billionaire investor Chris Sacca
- How Arnold Schwarzenegger uses psychological warfare . . . and how he made millions before movie stardom
- How the “Wizard of Hollywood” Robert Rodriguez turns weaknesses into strengths
- How to overcome setbacks and failure like former Navy SEAL Jocko Willink
- How to push through fear and instill confidence like Jamie Foxx
- How to find and stress-test opportunities like iconic entrepreneur Marc Andreessen
- How to ask questions like best-selling author Malcolm Gladwell
- How legendary music producer Rick Rubin uses saunas and tiny homework assignments
- How comedian Mike Birbiglia got President Obama to say “poo” (and how to engage with celebrities)
- How to get unstuck in your creative work like Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist (60M-plus copies sold)
- How famed meditation teacher Tara Brach embraces and uses negative emotions
- How to develop mental toughness with three practices from retired four-star general Stanley McChrystal
- How early Google innovator Chade-Meng Tan found the secrets to happiness
And much, much more. For the full menu of game changers, see page xiii.