100 Facts Oceans includes key topics about Earth's vast oceans in easily-digestible, numbered facts. Every page is covered in amazing illustrations and photographs that clarify difficult points for children. A perfect ocean book for kids to learn about physical features, sea creatures and ocean voyages.
Essential topics covered in 100 Facts Oceans:
- What causes a tide and how it affects the shoreline
- Different oceans and their coverage
- The world beneath sea level and life in a rock pool
Examples of 'I don't believe it' fascinating facts:
- The world's longest mountain chain is under the ocean. It is the Mid-Ocean range and stretches around the middle of Earth.
- Oceans hold 97 percent of the world's water. Just a fraction is in freshwater lakes and rivers.
- The biggest tsunami was taller than five Statues of Liberty! It hit the Japanese Ryuku Islands in 1771.
Activities to make learning accessible and interactive include:
- Quiz question: Can you find the names of four shells in the puzzle below?
- Test yourself on shark parts by studying the diagram of the shark in the book. Then trace a shark's body and try to remember the names and label the picture
- Quiz question: What was the name of the fastest hydroplane?
Author: Clare Oliver
Consultant: Clive Carpenter
Dimensions:9 X 12
Format: Paperback with holographic foil