The culture underlying TCM is broad and the information incredibly extensive, which means it can be difficult to know where to start for those who are interested in learning. This book does just that, providing both an encyclopedia of knowledge in the field, while also acting as a practical manual to guide readers to greater health. It offers an effective, easy-to-learn set of daily TCM skills and expert advice on how to use them.
Through this book, you can learn:
- Basic concepts such as yin-yang, the five elements, meridians and acupoints, qi, blood flow and constitution
- How to judge your own health status through constitution tests and develop a personalized health plan for yourself
- How to make external adjustments for your health through TCM practices such as acupressure, cupping, scraping, heat treatment, acupuncture, massage and other methods
- TCM methods of natural internal adjustments including food therapy, herbal medicine, breathing techniques, sleep, meditation,qigong and other practices that will enhance your physical and mental health from the inside out
- A twelve-hour regimen with adaptations for each of the four seasons, stages in life, times of day, and place where it is practiced, allowing readers to customize the plan to their lives