Then he was suddenly deported to Australia to launch ZOO there, and events became even more outlandish.
Find out how Merrill:
- attacked Tony Blair with a puppet
- lost 130,000 pairs of inflatable breasts in the South China Sea
- accidentally gave his home address to a serial killer
- tried to cook a dwarf
- threw a biscuit at Christopher Lee
- searched for the hottest horse dentist and sexiest wall.
- employed Mo Mowlam as a sex columnist
- was accused by the attorney general of trying to overthrow the government
- persuaded the Aussie prime minister's daughter to strip off
- was given advice on stain removal by Gordon Brown
- received death threats from enraged Islamists and a convicted killer
Containing hundreds of bizarre and unexpected anecdotes, A Polar Bear Ate My Head is the most side-splitting insider's account of the world of magazines ever published. Whether or not you've ever bought a men's magazine or been attacked by the world's largest white bear, you will love this book.
Praise for A Polar Bear Ate My head...
"Hilarious - and your boy will love it too!"
"You're guaranteed a laugh a page"
"A bloody brilliant lid-lifting expose...Frank, funny and enlightening. We have notified our lawyers *****"
"The best book ever written about the excesses and weirdness of the media. Every page is laugh out loud funny"
"A very entertaining book full of anecdotes and insider gossip. 9/10"
"This insider's look has the air of Toby Young's How to Lose Friends and Alienate People *****"
"Straight up the funniest book I've ever read - and I haven't read many books."
Aussie Rules legend Warwick Capper
"Such a funny book - we loved it, and so did everyone in the office. You've really GOT to read it."
Amanda Keller WSFM Breakfast Show