Revel. A reimagined way to learn and study. Accounting for Non-Specialists is available in Revel, our new digital environment designed for the way today's students read, think, and learn.
This edition continues to provide a non-specialist introduction to accounting and finance.
With a focus on engagement and relevance Accounting for Non-Specialists demonstrates the practical application of accounting concepts in decision-making without the technical detail.
The emphasis is on the application and interpretation of information for decision-making, and the underlying concepts of accounting. Features throughout the text focus on developing an understanding of key accounting principles through the use of relevant and engaging examples.
For educators, when the content is combined with the Enhanced Testbank and Facilitation Guide, the package offers activities and assessment to promote active learning and get students ready for the workplace.
There are a variety of features to support student centred active learning, these include:
- Accounting and You sections illustrate how the content has real relevance to everyday life
- Real World Examples link theory and current practice
- End of Chapter Case Study questions are based on contemporary news media articles
- In- Chapter Activities give the opportunity to check understanding and encourage linkages to topics
- Self- Assessment Questions are demanding and comprehensive to help reinforce understanding
- Application Exercises enable application and consolidate the understanding of topics
- Discussion Questions assess recollection and critical evaluation of the main principles in each chapter