Basic Personal Counselling is an easy to read introduction to counselling that reflects current best practice.
It teaches core interviewing skills and provides a framework of practical examples and training group exercises to enable students to progressively build a skill repertoire. The book is designed to prepare students for field placement and therefore has a strong vocational focus.
- Introduces counselling skills in a logical sequence and provides practical examples of the skills in action
- Discusses the process of change involved in counselling
- Provides approaches for counselling people with specific problems such as anger, depression, grief, suicidal ideation\
- Discusses professional issues including: confidentiality, ethics, record keeping
New to the Edition
- New author brought on to ensure alignment with current best practice
- Additional content addressing internet counselling
- Rewrite and expansion of the self-care chapter
- New ancillary teacher and support material, including PowerPoints and a mapping grid
- Update and reposition of group training exercises