Basic Plumbing Services Skills, 3e provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills required for working in the plumbing industry.
It is the first book in the updated Plumbing Skills Series; a total of six books. The text has been written to address AQF Level 3 competencies of the Construction, Plumbing and Services Training Packages (CPC08) for the Certificate III in Plumbing.
This new edition has been updated to reflect current plumbing practices, tools and techniques, including the new AS/NZS Standards, WHS legislations and sustainability requirements. In addition, Basic Plumbing Services Skills, 3e forms the basis of information and activities that reflect vocational and employability skills. The topics included in Basic Plumbing Services Skills, 3e not only cover the introductory phase of the plumbing course, but also information and issues that will be addressed over and over again in a plumber's career.
The text lends itself perfectly to current workplace situations, and is the key to helping plumbing apprentices gain a better understanding of the trade.
This edition will cover the following units of competency:
- CPCPCM2043A Carry out WHS requirements
- CPCPCM2041A Work effectively in the plumbing and services sector
- CPCPCM2039A Carry out interactive workplace communication
- CPCPCM2040A Read plans and calculate plumbing quantities
- CPCPCM2045A Handle and store plumbing materials
- CPCPCM2046A Use plumbing hand and power tools
- CPCPCM2048A Cut and join sheet metal
- CPCPCM2050A Mark out materials
- CPCPCM2052A Weld using oxy-acetylene equipment
- CPCPCM2053A Weld using manual metal arc welding equipment