Unrivalled in the way it makes the teaching of statistics compelling and accessible to even the most anxious of students, the only statistics textbook you and your students will ever need just got better!
With its ground-breaking structure and pedagogical approach, Discovering Statistics Using IBM SPSS Statistics is described as one of the most imaginative, engaging and fun-spirited textbooks of the 21st Century, a textbook that has transformed the ways in which students engage with statistics.
Andy Field’s distinctive teaching style filters into the text combining humor, a host of interesting real-world research examples and characters that play central pedagogical roles all with the intention of making complex statistical theory and SPSS material accessible for students and lecturers alike. The new edition provides better accessibility to its key features and more instructor resources to support the changing ways in which students wish to access material.
New to the 4th Edition
- NEW - Online homework and assessment facility powered by WebAssignA® enables you, no matter your course size, to quickly and easily set regular online assignments for your students, test them securely chapter by chapter and provide them with extra opportunities to reinforce class learning through additional online practice - all backed up with immediate online feedback about their performance.
- NEW - 'Study-on-the-Go' mobile version of the online student resources encourages students equipped with smartphones and tablets to explore further into each chapter's topic by enabling instant access to additional online learning and revision material such as the SPSS videos or answers to end of chapter questions.
- NEW - Education and Sport Sciences online datasets and testbanks with enhanced ones for Psychology, Business and Management and the Health Sciences make the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects across the social sciences and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience.
Major Updates to the 4th Edition
- Fully compatible with recent SPSS releases up to and including version 21
- With a surprise new character to introduce them, a greater selection of webcasts including SPSS instructional videos and podcasts on the Companion Website help students walk through SPSS analyses when you can't be there to guide them, as well as to cement knowledge of concepts and procedures.
- An overhauled and expanded testbank of multiple-choice questions for instructors to further test and monitor students' progress
Key updates to the fourth edition:
- SAGE MobileStudy – enables students to study on the go by scanning any QR code within the book to access revision material on their smartphone or tablet.
- WebAssign – enables instructors to manage and monitor student's progress quickly and easily online. Instructors are able to set up and schedule assignments and track individual performance. WebAssign also enables instructors to set questions for their students to practice, providing them with instant feedback whilst linking to the relevant chapter or section in the integrated e-book to help illustrate the correct solution.
- New lecturer support materials for Education and Sport Sciences with enhanced materials for Psychology, Business and Management and the Health Sciences, making the book even more relevant to a wider range of subjects and where statistics is taught to a cross-disciplinary audience.
- Fully compatible with recent IBM SPSS Statistics releases up to and including version 21.
- Two new characters: Statistical cult leader Oditi provides students with access to video clips to help further understanding of statistical/SPSS concepts, while Confusius helps students to make better sense of statistical terms.