Graeme Simsion brings to life fictional foodie Don Tillman's 'standardised meal system', as featured in the internationally bestselling Rosie Project and Rosie Effect and the recent Australian #1 bestselling novel, Rosie Result.
'So, you cook this same meal every Tuesday, right?'
'Correct.' I listed the eight major advantages of the Standardised Meal System.
- No need to accumulate recipe books.
- Standard shopping list - hence very efficient shopping.
- Almost zero waste - nothing in the refrigerator or pantry unless required for one of the recipes.
- Diet planned and nutritionally balanced in advance.
- No time wasted wondering what to cook.
- No mistakes, no unpleasant surprises.
- Excellent food, superior to most restaurants at a much lower price (see point 3).
- Minimal cognitive load required.
'The cooking procedures are in my cerebellum - virtually no conscious effort is required.'
'Like riding a bike.'
Here at last, by popular demand, is the weekly system of food preparation that Professor Don Tillman, star of the Rosie trilogy, lives by - everything from his signature lobster salad to the world's best risotto, across the four seasons. This essential guide also includes handy tips about losing weight, mixing cocktails and stress-free entertaining.
Don Tillman's Standardized Meal System will not only show you how to make delicious meals: it will open your mind a different way of shopping, cooking and living. The Don Tillman way.