The best just got better.
FitnessGram is the gold standard for assessing the health-related fitness and activity levels of youths. The Cooper Institute has updated the FitnessGram Administration Manual with new material to ensure that FitnessGram is the most comprehensive and informative program that can drive meaningful behavior change and set up children for a healthy future.
The fifth edition of FitnessGram Administration Manual: The Journey to MyHealthyZone offers K-12 teachers two primary assessment resources that allow them to produce individualized reports for each student in their class. FitnessGram provides a complete battery of health-related fitness assessments that are scored using criterion-referenced Healthy Fitness Zone(R) standards. The standards are age and sex specific and are based on how fit children need to be for health.
New to this fifth edition:
- Audio of cadences and videos and photos for test protocols, making it easier for you to administer tests
- A chapter on communicating with stakeholders (students, parents, faculty and staff, administrators, and the community)
- A chapter on data mining and using data to inform your instruction and help you make sound curricular decisions
- A design that enhances your ease in using the material and administering the tests
You will learn how to administer the tests, interpret the results, and provide feedback to your students on their results. FitnessGram Administration Manual also offers a web resource that includes video clips that demonstrate the assessments; audio for the PACER, curl-up, and push-up tests; and reproducible forms.
Through FitnessGram, you can assess children's fitness in these areas:
- Aerobic capacity
- Muscle strength
- Muscular endurance
- Body composition
Several test options are provided for most of those areas; one test item is recommended.
As a FitnessGram user you also have access to everything the Presidential Youth Fitness Program has to offer. The Presidential Youth Fitness Program helps physical educators assess, track, and recognize youth fitness and physical activity. Through this program you are also provided with the following:
- Instructional strategies for promoting student physical activity and fitness
- Communication tools to help physical educators increase awareness about their work in the classroom
- Options for recognizing fitness and physical activity achievements
This latest version of the FitnessGram Administration Manual: The Journey to MyHealthyZone is your guide to conducting the test protocols, recording the data, interpreting the results, and sharing those results in ways that will encourage students to be physically active and adopt healthy behaviors throughout their lives.