Fluid Mechanics: Fundamentals and Applications is written for the first fluid mechanics course for undergraduate engineering students, with sufficient material for a two-course sequence.
This Third Edition in SI Units has the same objectives and goals as previous editions:
- Communicates directly with tomorrow’s engineers in a simple yet precise manner
- Covers the basic principles and equations of fluid mechanics in the context of numerous and diverse real-world engineering examples and applications
- Helps students develop an intuitive understanding of fluid mechanics by emphasizing the physical underpinning of processes and by utilizing numerous informative figures, photographs, and other visual aids to reinforce the basic concepts
- Encourages creative thinking, interest and enthusiasm for fluid mechanics
New to the Third Edition
- All figures and photographs are enhanced by a full color treatment.
- New photographs for conveying practical real-life applications of materials have been added throughout the book.
- New Application Spotlights have been added to the end of selected chapters to introduce industrial applications and exciting research projects being conducted by leaders in the field about material presented in the chapter.
- New sections on Biofluids have been added to Chapters 8 and 9. Addition of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam-type problems to help students prepare for Professional Engineering exams.