The bestselling guide to going sugar-free for good from the author of I Quit Sugar.
Quitting sugar is not a diet. Quitting sugar is a way of living without processed food and eating what our grandparents used to before the crappy food and the modern diseases.
With her bestselling book, I Quit Sugar, Sarah Wilson helped hundreds of thousands of Australians to kick the habit. In I Quit Sugar for Life, Sarah shows you how to be sugar-free forever. Drawing on extensive research and her own tried and tested methods, Sarah has designed specific programs and recipes to help both families and solo cookers:
- banish cravings and deal with lapses by eating good fats and protein
- maximise nutrition with veggies
- exercise less for better results
- detox safely... without the fads!
- eat sustainably and ethically - at home and out 'n' about * live with flow and less fuss
- cook sugar-free: 148 desserts, cakes, kids' lunchbox fillers, comfort dinners and tote-able breakfast and lunches.
I Quit Sugar for Life is not just about kicking a habit; it's a complete wellness philosophy for your healthiest, calmest, happiest self.
"I Quit Sugar For Life shows how to sustain a refinement-free lifestyle without feeling - and this is crucial - that you're missing out." - Sydney Morning Herald
You might have heard – I’ve written another book, a follow-up to I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook. It’s taken the better part of a year to put together. It’s a reflection, however, of my life’s work.
You can read all about it February 27 when it hits bookshops.
But now I’ll answer some questions I’m reckoning many of you want to ask:
How’s I Quit Sugar For Life different from your first book?
If I Quit Sugar was about how to quit sugar, along with a bunch of recipes to get you started (targeting “problem areas” like breakfast and snacks), I Quit Sugar For Life shows you how to use the sugar-fee approach to live well… in every respect of the word.
• It’s a 9-part Wellness Code, including fitness, travelling and shopping directions.
• It builds in a 4-week Wellness Program, plus menu plans for families, singles and those wanting a quick “green” reboot.
• It includes 148 recipes, all designed for families of four and for singles
What are the principles of this book?
Glad you asked, for the book is pretty much a complete overview of all my wellness and environmental principles rolled in to a flowing, effortless code that’s sustainable…in every respect of the word.
If there was one word to sum up this book it’s “sustainable”.
Some of the themes I include in the code and recipes:
• The most ethical way to eat
• How to eat toxin-free
• Which foods to buy organic…and when not to bother
• The foods to eat for your gut and for longevity
• How to save time and money with a slow cooker
And the recipes?
There’s 148 of them (40 more than last time). Some of the ideas….
• Totally toteable: fun foods to carry to work and school
• Thai fixes
• Better than a box: junk food repackaged (my version of KFC, Weiss Bars and barbecue pork)
• Easter ideas
• Children’s lunchbox ideas
• A Very Large Chocolate chapter
• A stack of gluten-free, paleo and vegan options
What’s my favourite recipe?
Hmmm, the Not So Nicoise Cauliflower Pizza and the Carrot Cake Porridge Whip are up there. Oh, and the Choc-Caramel-Chunk And Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Does it matter if I haven't done the 8-Week Program?
Not tooooo much. But quitting sugar in a supported way (ie via my first book or my online program) is advised. That said, if you just want to start cooking and eating healthily and sustainably, according to fad-free, wholefood principles, then this book is right for you, too. In the process, you’ll be cutting back on your sugar without thinking about it.
Is it Paleo?
It’s very low-carb, based on sustainable meats and vegetables and toxin-free foods. So, yep. But without the tag.
What if I’m vegetarian?
A good 50 per cent of recipes are vegetarian, the bulk of which are also vegan-friendly.
What if I can’t afford fancy ingredients?
You’re in luck. This book is all about saving money, time and energy. I’ve devoted the past 12 months to ensuring it is.
This item is in stock in our Sydney warehouse and typically delivered to you within 4 working days for most Australian capitals.
Once despatched we will send you a Shipping Notification which includes online tracking.
An overall delivery time for this item to your address is:
NSW Metro: 2 - 4 working days.
NSW Regional: 3 - 5 working days.
VIC & SA Metro: 2 - 4 working days.
VIC & SA Regional: 3 - 5 working days.
QLD Metro: 3 - 5 working days.
QLD Regional: 8 - 14 working days.
TAS: 3 - 5 working days.
WA Metro: 5 - 7 working days.
WA Regional: 6 - 9 working days.
NT Metro: 6 - 8 working days.
NT Regional: 8 - 14 working days.
Express Post is available if ALL items in your Shopping Cart are listed as 'In Stock 2-4 days'. Express Post orders are delivered in two business days to the following locations:
NSW - Sydney, Gosford, Newcastle, Wollongong.
VIC - Melbourne, Geelong, Ballarat, Bendigo.
ACT - Canberra.
SA - Adelaide.
QLD - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast.
TAS - Hobart, Launceston.
WA - Perth CBD postcode 6000 only.
NT - Express Post is not available.