You might have heard – I’ve written another book, a follow-up to I Quit Sugar: Your Complete 8-Week Detox Program and Cookbook. It’s taken the better part of a year to put together. It’s a reflection, however, of my life’s work.
You can read all about it February 27 when it hits bookshops.
But now I’ll answer some questions I’m reckoning many of you want to ask:
How’s I Quit Sugar For Life different from your first book?
If I Quit Sugar was about how to quit sugar, along with a bunch of recipes to get you started (targeting “problem areas” like breakfast and snacks), I Quit Sugar For Life shows you how to use the sugar-fee approach to live well… in every respect of the word.
• It’s a 9-part Wellness Code, including fitness, travelling and shopping directions.
• It builds in a 4-week Wellness Program, plus menu plans for families, singles and those wanting a quick “green” reboot.
• It includes 148 recipes, all designed for families of four and for singles
What are the principles of this book?
Glad you asked, for the book is pretty much a complete overview of all my wellness and environmental principles rolled in to a flowing, effortless code that’s sustainable…in every respect of the word.
If there was one word to sum up this book it’s “sustainable”.
Some of the themes I include in the code and recipes:
• The most ethical way to eat
• How to eat toxin-free
• Which foods to buy organic…and when not to bother
• The foods to eat for your gut and for longevity
• How to save time and money with a slow cooker
And the recipes?
There’s 148 of them (40 more than last time). Some of the ideas….
• Totally toteable: fun foods to carry to work and school
• Thai fixes
• Better than a box: junk food repackaged (my version of KFC, Weiss Bars and barbecue pork)
• Easter ideas
• Children’s lunchbox ideas
• A Very Large Chocolate chapter
• A stack of gluten-free, paleo and vegan options
What’s my favourite recipe?
Hmmm, the Not So Nicoise Cauliflower Pizza and the Carrot Cake Porridge Whip are up there. Oh, and the Choc-Caramel-Chunk And Peanut Butter Cheesecake.
Does it matter if I haven't done the 8-Week Program?
Not tooooo much. But quitting sugar in a supported way (ie via my first book or my online program) is advised. That said, if you just want to start cooking and eating healthily and sustainably, according to fad-free, wholefood principles, then this book is right for you, too. In the process, you’ll be cutting back on your sugar without thinking about it.
Is it Paleo?
It’s very low-carb, based on sustainable meats and vegetables and toxin-free foods. So, yep. But without the tag.
What if I’m vegetarian?
A good 50 per cent of recipes are vegetarian, the bulk of which are also vegan-friendly.
What if I can’t afford fancy ingredients?
You’re in luck. This book is all about saving money, time and energy. I’ve devoted the past 12 months to ensuring it is.