- an analysis of the relevance of EU Law on the validity of international agreements to arbitrate
- consideration of the impact of EU law on challenges, recognition and enforcement of international commercial awards, and the relationship between anti-suit relief, EU law and the New York Convention
- a discussion of selected areas of intersection between EU law and international commercial arbitration, including the ECtHR, consumer protection, damages, competition damages, GDPR, commercial agency and others
- an introduction to the complex areas in which the EU regime and international investment arbitration laws intertwine, through a review of the development of the EU's investment policy
- an examination of the impact of EU Law on specific issues in international investment arbitration including the Energy Charter Treaty, procedural issues (both ICSID and non-ICSID), damages, taxation, and the proposed Multilateral Investment Court
- an appraisal of the potential of International Commercial Mediation and its interrelations with EU law.
International Arbitration and EU Lawis a specialist guide for arbitrators, lawyers, judges, and expert witnesses. It will also greatly benefit academics and advanced students working, researching or teaching international arbitration law.