The fourth Australian edition of Kozier and Erb's Fundamentals of Nursing has undergone a rigorous review and writing process and reflects the contemporary changes in the regulation of nursing.
It continues to focus on the three core philosophies of person-centred care, critical thinking and clinical reasoning and cultural safety. These three philosophical foundations are interwoven in a meaningful way through each chapter.
With an evidence-based approach, students will develop skills in problem solving, critical thinking, clinical reasoning and learn to care for people in ways that signify respect, acceptance, empathy, connectedness, cultural sensitivity and genuine concern.
MyLab Nursing can be packaged with this edition to engage students and allow them to apply their knowledge, strengthen their understanding of key concepts and develop critical decision making skills.
Note: This edition provides relevant nursing diagnoses written in a way that is reflective of Australia nursing practice and nomenclature and does not refer to NANDA taxonomy of diagnostic terminology.
Features and Benefits
- Anatomy & Physiology reviews provide students with a quick review of the human bioscience that is fundamental to competent practice.
- Assessment interviews show students how to ask appropriate questions in their clinical encounters.
- Case studies provide students with an opportunity for practical application
- Clinical considerations highlight relevant information and important ‘tips’
- Concept maps reinforce the steps of the nursing process and map difficult concepts diagrammatically
- Drug capsule boxes help students learn the implications of certain medications that they may see in their clinical encounters.
- Home care considerations instruct students to consider adaptation for performing the skill in the home.
- Lifespan considerations alert students to the needs of people of different ages.
- Practice guidelines provide instant summaries of clinical dos and don’ts.
- Real-world practice provides students with a real-world perspective of practice.
- Research notes introduce students to the concept of evidence-based nursing practice by reviewing relevant nursing research and discussing the implications for nursing practice.
- Step-by-step skills help students understand techniques and practice sequence.
- Patient education gives students a guide for what to do when educating patients.
- Links to National Patient Safety Standards give the relevant standards from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care as they relate to patient safety.
- Mapping to the NMBA Registered Nurse Standards for Practice aligns the content to contemporary professional practice in Australia