To assist in achieving these goals, the product outlines from the beginning that successful teaching involves knowing the students, the content and associated curriculum requirements, and understanding how to apply this knowledge in explicit and skilled ways to meet individual students’ literacy learning needs.
The product emphasises that effective teachers continually engage in reflective practice to gauge if and how each student’s learning goals are achieved. It challenges the PST to consider ways of knowing, learning and teaching, providing opportunities to consider ways of using digital platforms to develop children’s reading, writing, speaking, listening and viewing skills.
Developed for preservice teachers, practising teachers and those interested in English literacy teaching and learning, this product includes a range of vignettes drawn from classroom and university practice across Australia, examples that stand to authenticate the learning.
Additionally, this product
- Has respected and updated/current content, mapped to industry standards delivered in a range of customisable formats and affordable price points.
- Can be delivered via Revel, offering an interactive learning experience available on all devices
- Is part of a connected collection in the Education portfolio offering a suite of resources across an Education degree in a consistent format and style.
- Respected authors in the field
- Used across all levels of Bachelor and Masters Education courses