Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Austria is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Stroll the palaces and cathedrals of Vienna, ski the slopes of the Austrian Alps and take a lazy trip through the valleys of the countryside - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Austria and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Austria:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Colour maps and images throughout Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Vienna, Lower Austria, Burgenland, Upper Austria, Styria, The Salzkammergut, Salzburg, Salzburgerland, Carinthia, Tyrol, Vorarlberg, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Austria is our most comprehensive guide to Austria, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.