Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Austria is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Stroll the palaces and cathedrals of Vienna, ski the slopes of the Austrian Alps, or take a lazy trip through the valleys and lakes of the countryside; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Austria and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Austria Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, music, architecture
- Free, convenient pull-out Vienna map (included in print version), plus over 51 maps
- Covers Vienna, Danube Valley, Burgenland, Linz, The Traunviertel, The Muhlviertel, The Innviertel, Styria, Graz, The Salzkammergut, Bad Ischl, Slazburg, Salzburgerland, Carinthia, Tyrol, Innsbruck, Vorarlberg and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Austria , our most comprehensive guide to Austria, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Vienna? Check out Lonely Planet Vienna guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer.