Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Best of Japan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. See traditional geisha in Kyoto, hike up Mt Fuji, or shop around the clock in Tokyo; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of Japan:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, onsen, ryokan, customs, etiquette
- Over 40 colour maps
- Covers Tokyo, Kyoto, Nara, Japan Alps, Fuji Five Lakes, Mt Fuji, Hiroshima, Osaka, Naoshima, Hokkaido, Kagoshima, Okinawa, Kii Peninsula and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Best of Japan, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Japan's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet Japan guide.
- Looking for a guide for Japan's major cities? Check out Lonely Planet Tokyo and Lonely Planet Kyoto guides for comprehensive looks at all that each of these cities have to offer; or Pocket Tokyo and Pocket Kyoto & Osaka, handy-sized guides focused on the can't-miss sights for quick city trips.