Lonely Planet Best of New York City is your passport to NYC's top sights and most authentic experiences.
Stroll the massive green spaces of Central Park, overload your senses in Chinatown, and be inspired by the Statue of Liberty; all with your trusted travel companion. Offering visually-inspiring content along with the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you, this photo-rich, user-friendly guide makes planning fun and easy. Discover the best of New York City and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of New York City:
- In-depth coverage of the destination's must-see sights along with hidden gems that most guidebooks miss to get you to the heart of a place
- Intuitively organized with essential information at your fingertips
- Eye-catching full-colour design and easy-to-use layout with maps and images throughout
- Annotated images that bring a destination to life
- Practical planning and transport tools including a fold-out map (included in print version) that gives instant access to must-see sights to help you navigate as you plot out your itinerary
- Short and extended itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests to make the most of your time on the road
- Insider tips and insights to save time and money, avoid crowds and trouble spots, and to get to know the destination like a local
- Honest recommendations for all budgets
- Cultural insights and background information to put top sights and experiences in context and to give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience (includes cuisine, art, architecture, history, wine, sport, and etiquette)
- Free, convenient pull-out New York City map (included in print version)
- Covers Manhattan, Soho, Chinatown, East Village, Lower East Side, Greenwich Village, Chelsea and the Meatpacking District, Union Square, Central Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Best of New York City, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colourful photos, focuses on New York City's most popular attractions and authentic experiences for those looking for the best of the best and have minimal time for planning.
- Also looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences and extensively covers all of the ins and outs of the city's neighborhoods? Check out Lonely Planet New York City guide.
- Or check out Pocket New York City, a handy-sized guide focused on only the absolutely can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
- Also be sure to check out Lonely Planet Eastern USA for a comprehensive look at all that the region has to offer, or Lonely Planet Best of USA, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.