Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Best of Portugal is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Cruise through the canals of Aveiro, tour the Alto Douro wine country and walk the medieval town of Evora - all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Portugal and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Best of Portugal:
- Full-colour images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, food, wine, sports, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use colour maps to help you navigate
- Covers Lisbon, Porto, the Algarve, vora, Rio Douro Valley, Braga, Coimbra, Aveiro, Sintra, bidos, Sagres & Cabo de S o Vicente, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Best of Portugal is filled with inspiring and colourful photos, and focuses on Portugal's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Need a guide to Lisbon, Porto, the Algarve or Madeira? Pockets are our smaller guides featuring the top sights and experiences for a shorter trip or weekend break.