Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet California's Best Trips. Featuring 35 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can drive along the breezy, wildlife-rich Pacific Coast or stroll through ancient groves of Sequoia in Yosemite National, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet California's Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photography throughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily 80 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers Napa Valley, Death Valley, Disneyland, Orange County Beaches, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet California's Best Trips is perfect for exploring California in the classic American way by road trip!
- Looking for road trip ideas for a particular California region? Check out Lonely Planet Pacific Coast Highway Road Trips or San Francisco Bay Area & Wine Country Road Trips for regional road trip ideas.
- Planning a Californian trip sans a car? Lonely Planet California, our most comprehensive guide to California, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.