Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Japan is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Uncover the delights of Japanese cuisine, bask in the awesome gaze of the country's best temples and lower yourself into the tub in a classic Japanese onsen; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Japan and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Japan:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, architecture, onsen, ryokan
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers Tokyo, Japan Alps, Nara, Miyajima, Kyoto, Niseko, Hokkaido, Daisetsuzan National Park, Shikoku, Nagasaki, Kyushu, SW Islands and more
The Perfect Choice:
Lonely Planet Discover Japan, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Japan's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best. Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out the Lonely Planet Japan guide. Looking for a guide for Tokyo or Kyoto? Check out the Lonely Planet Tokyo guide or Kyoto guide for a comprehensive look at all these cities have to offer; or Lonely Planet Pocket Tokyo, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.