Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get your fill of temples in Bangkok and Ayuthaya, take a cooking course in Chiang Mai, and find your perfect beach spot--all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Thailand and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, food & drink, dance, religion, architecture, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out Bangkok map (included in print version), plus easy-to-use color maps for easy navigation
- Covers Bangkok, Hua Hin, Ayuthaya, Sukhothai, Chiang Mai, Nong Khai, Ko Pha-Ngan, Ko Samui, Railay, Phuket, Ko Phi-Phi, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover Thailand is filled with inspiring and colorful photos, and focuses on Thailand's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Thailand or Thailand's Islands & Beaches guides.
Looking for a guide focused on an individual city or region? Check out Lonely Planet's Bangkok for an in-depth look at all the city has to offer. Or Pocket Bangkok, Pocket Ko Samui and Pocket Phuket, our handy-sized guides featuring the best sights and experiences for a short visit.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
*Source: Nielsen BookScan: Australia, UK, USA, 5/2016-4/2017