Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Georgia & the Carolinas is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Take a thoughtful trip around Atlanta’s Center for Civil & Human Rights, hike in the stunning Great Smoky Mountains National Park, admire Charleston’s antebellum architecture and feast on low-country fare – all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Georgia & the Carolinas and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Georgia & the Carolinas:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
- Covers Atlanta, Savannah & Coastal Georgia, Charleston & South Carolina, Charlotte & the Triangle, Coastal North Carolina, North Carolina Mountains, Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Georgia & the Carolinas is our most comprehensive guide to Georgia & the Carolinas, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.
- Looking for just the highlights? Check out Pocket Charleston & Savannah, our handy-sized guide featuring the best sights and experiences for a short visit or weekend away.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s USA for an in-depth look at all the country has to offer.