Lonely Planet: The world's number one travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's Pocket Amsterdam is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Tour the resplendent Royal Palace, step into history at the Anne Frank Huis and admire genius at the Van Gogh Museum - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Amsterdam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Pocket Amsterdam:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Medieval Centre & Red Light District, Jordaan & the Western Canal Ring, Southern Canal Ring, Vondelpark & the South, De Pijp, Oosterpark & East of the Amstel, Nieuwmarkt, Plantage & the Eastern Islands, Amsterdam Noord, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Pocket Amsterdam is our colourful, easy to use and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, and is packed with the best sights and experiences for a short trip or weekend away.