Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Tokyo is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Marvel at the artistry of a Kabuki performance, sing karaoke amid the neon lights of Shinjuku, or treat yourself to some of the world's freshest sushi; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Tokyo and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Tokyo Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including customs, history, art, literature, fashion, music, architecture, politics, food, drink, and more
- Free, convenient pull-out Tokyo map (included in print version), plus over 37 colour maps
- Covers Iidabashi, Shinjuku, Ueno, Akihabara, Asakusa, Sumida River, Marunouchi, Harajuku, Aoyama, Shibuya, Roppongi, Ginza, Tsukiji, Ebisu, Meguro, Odaiba, Tokyo Bay, and more
Lonely Planet Tokyo, our most comprehensive guide to Tokyo, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled. Looking for just the highlights of Tokyo? Check out Pocket Tokyo, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip. Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Japan guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer.