Marsh’s Becoming a Teacher, 6e continues to offer pre-service teachers a practical and user-friendly guide to learning to teach that students find invaluable throughout their entire degree.
Marsh covers a comprehensive introduction to teaching methodology, preparing pre-service teachers for the challenges they face in a 21st-century classroom.
All chapters in this edition have been updated with new approaches and current references by the two new authors Maggie Clarke and Sharon Pittaway.
The approach in this 6th edition is more reflective and gives readers an even greater opportunity to interact with issues raised in the text.
- ‘Your Turn’ and ‘Pause for Thought’ questions give students a chance to analyse and reflect on the new skills they have learned.
- Case studies demonstrate to students the issues and challenges they will face when they begin to teach in the classroom.
- Reflections and issues cover the latest reports and issues in classroom practice and research helps the student to critically reflect upon best practice.
Other hallmark features:
- Strategies - Strategies boxes give you practical ideas for implementing the book’s theories in the classroom.
- Checklists - Checklists are a simple tool you can use in the classroom and when preparing for teaching to help you focus on key considerations.
- Activities - Activities are sample lessons that you can adapt to suit your classes.