The Mercedes-Benz W123 was launched in 1976 and sales quickly surpassed those of its predecessor, the W114.
The W123 went on to become the most successful Mercedes, selling 2.7 million cars. Mercedes-Benz W123 - The Complete Story explores the life of this highly regarded executive car from its initial evolution, development and production to the creation of new models and its success in motorsport.
The book features the styling, engineering and technical advances introduced over the lifetime of the three series; full technical specifications together with customer options, equipment and interior trim for each model; production numbers and vehicle number sequences and finally there is a section on the little-known details of the manufacture of the car in China.
- Explores the evolution, development and production of this highly regarded and most successful Mercedes car.
- Launched in 1976, it sold 2.7 million cars which quickly surpassed those sales of its predecessor the W114.
- Will be of great interest to all motoring enthusiasts and those with a particular interest in Mercedes-Benz cars.
- Gives little-known details of the manufacture of the car in China.
- Full technical specifications are given; production numbers and vehicle number sequences and buying and owning a 123-series.