From sandstone canyons and austere mesas, to snowcapped mountain peaks, discover an otherworldly landscape and unique culture with Moon's guide to the Land of Enchantment.
Moon New Mexico features:
- Curated trip advice for outdoor adventurers, culture mavens, history buffs, foodies, and more
- Full-color, vibrant photos and detailed maps throughout
- Expert insight with a local perspective from born-and-raised Santa Fe native Zora O'Neill
- Strategic itineraries for every budget and timeline-from a few days to three weeks-including: A Week in the Wild West, Not Just Hot Tamales, Black Stone, White Sands, Retro Route 66 and Beyond, Native New Mexico, Ancient and Modern, and Weird and Wonderful
- The best drives through New Mexico, including Route 66, the Turquoise Trail, the Sunspot Highway, and a state-wide road trip
- Honest advice on where to stay, where to eat, and how to get around
- Focused coverage of Albuquerque, Sante Fe, Taos and North Central New Mexico, Las Vegas and the Northeast, Navajo Nation and the Northwest, Las Cruces and the Southwest, and Carlsbad Caverns and the Southeast
- Must-see attractions and offbeat ideas: Wiggle through tiny tunnels on a dive into Carlsbad Caverns, or take a mountain biking tour of the badlands and white sand dunes. Wander a ghost town graveyard, visit the International UFO Museum in Roswell, or count the bullet holes in the ceilings of preserved 19th century saloons. Experience the Native American history and culture, including pueblo visits, ceremonial dances, and markets. Sample local cuisine, from Tucumcari cheese and Pecos beef to green-chile cheeseburgers, and explore the bustling nightlife, spirited art scene, and rich history of Santa Fe
- Accurate, up-to-date information including background on the landscape, plants and animals, history, government, and local culture
- Handy tools including a Spanish glossary, health and safety tips, and advice for families, seniors, international visitors, and LGBTQ+ travelers
If you're exploring New Mexico's major cities, Try Moon Santa Fe, Taos and Albuquerque. Hitting the road? Try Moon Southwest Road Trip. Crossing National Parks off your bucket list? Try Moon Grand Canyon.