The second edition maintains the important topics for real-word practice such as complete head-to-toe examination, normal vs. abnormal findings, electronic documentation, and considerations for assessment of older adults and children. The text is completely updated with the most current research in health care and nursing education. Material is thoughtfully organized into three units: Foundations, Body Systems, and Special Lifespan Considerations.
Bates' Nursing Guide is the classic approach that helps students develop and practice the lifelong and timeless skills of patient assessment.
Key features of the second edition include:
- NEW Key culture and life span information highlighted throughout
- NEW Concept Mastery Alerts
- Sample Patient--Mrs. N--throughout
- Tables of Abnormalities
- Emphasis on communication skills
- Assessing older adults chapter