All chapters are significantly reviewed and updated.
Provides 13 new chapters on topics such as pigmentary mosaicism, Henoch-Schonlein purpura, polymorphous light eruption, acrodermatitis enteropathica, aplasia cutis congenita, dermoid cysts, kwashiorkor, and Langerhans cell histiocytosis.
Features 79 new full-colour images to aid in accurate visual diagnosis - with more than 300 colour images in total.
Must-have information on each condition is presented in the precise sequence in which it is required in the clinical setting: etiology/epidemiology; symptoms and signs; how to make the diagnosis; treatment; prognosis; referral considerations; and resources for families.
* Approach to the patient with a rash.
* Diagnostic Techniques.
* Localized Viral Infections.
* Systemic Viral Infections.
* Localized Bacterial Infections.
* Systemic Bacterial, Rickettsial, or Spirochetal Infections with Skin Manifestations.
* Funal and Yeast Infections.
* Papulosquamous Diseases.
* Vascular Lesions.
* Lumps and Bumps.
* Bullous Diseases.
* Hair Disorders.
* Skin Disorders in Neonates/Infants.
* Acute Drug/Toxic Reactions.
* Cutaneous Manifestations of Rheumatologic Diseases.
* Nutritional Dermatoses.
* Other Disorders.