Pharmacology for Health Professionals 4th Edition provides a comprehensive introduction to fundamental pharmacology principles and concepts.
The fourth edition has been fully updated and revised to reflect the most up-to-date information on the clinical use of drugs, Australian and New Zealand scheduling, drug legislation and ethics.
- Anatomy and physiology integrated throughout
- Discipline-specific information integrated throughout and additional resources provided via Evolve
- Key drug information at your fingertips: Drug Monographs, Drug Interactions Tables, Clinical Interest Boxes and key terms and abbreviations
- End-of-chapter review exercises to test your understanding.
- Evolve resources for both lecturer and student.
New to this Edition
- New and updated Drug Monographs describing important aspects of drugs and drug groups
- Updated tables outlining detailed drug interactions occurring with major drug groups
- Recent changes in the pharmacological management of major conditions
- New Clinical Interest Boxes, including current New Zealand specific and pharmacological treatment of common diseases and conditions
- Referencing most up-to-date reviews of drugs and major disease management
- Guidelines for clinical choice and use of drugs
- Enhanced information on the use of complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) modalities, with a focus on interactions between drugs and CAM therapies
- Improved internal design for ease of navigation.
- Undergraduate Health science, Paramedic science, Nursing, Midwifery, Podiatry and Optometry students.