A guide to how positive energy living can be achieved, through homes that power themselves and empower their occupants.
Positive energy homes enable people to live healthy and comfortable lives with energy left over to share. Creating a house you love that produces surplus energy is surprisingly easy with a thorough understanding of how buildings work and careful attention to detail in construction.
The Passive House standard, with its well-proven track record, forms the basis for creating positive energy homes. This book explores the Passive House ‘fabric first’ approach, as well as the science and practicalities of effective ventilation strategies, smart options for heating and cooling, daylight harvesting, and efficient lighting and appliances.
Positive Energy Homes provides home owners world-wide, architects and builders with an understanding of the principles and technical details of building these houses.
- An inspirational and achievable vision of the future of sustainable buildings
- An introduction to the biology and physics behind great buildings, with theory and easy to understand examples
- A holistic guide to all of the elements of a building that influence energy consumption
- A holistic understanding of the elements that influence comfort, health and enjoyment in buildings
- Empowers the reader to make informed decisions for economically retrofitting or building a positive energy home