Provides a step-by-step method for the development of a virtual interactive power electronics laboratory. The book is suitable for undergraduates and graduates for their laboratory course and projects in power electronics. It is equally suitable for professional engineers in the power electronics industry. The reader will learn to develop interactive virtual power electronics laboratory and perform simulations of their own, as well as any given power electronic converter design using SIMULINK with advanced system model and circuit component level model.
- Examples and Case Studies included throughout.
- Introductory simulation of power electronic converters is performed using either PSIM or MICROCAP Software.
- Covers interactive system model developed for three phase Diode Clamped Three Level Inverter, Flying Capacitor Three Level Inverter, Five Level Cascaded H-Bridge Inverter, Multicarrier Sine Phase Shift PWM and Multicarrier Sine Level Shift PWM.
- System models of power electronic converters are verified for performance using interactive circuit component level models developed using Simscape-Electrical, Power Systems and Specialized Technology block set.
- Presents software in the loop or Processor in the loop simulation with a power electronic converter examples.