A practical approach to grow confidence and competence in Clinical practice!
Berman, Skills in Clinical Nursing is a visual Australian resource to support nurses to achieve competency in the most relevant skills performed in clinical practice, aligned to the NMBA standards for professional practice.
The first Australian edition of Skills in Clinical Nursing is a definitive resource that has been designed as a practical and easy-to-navigate reference for both the classroom and clinical practice settings. This text includes 95 of the most important skills performed by nursing students and graduates, organised from simple to complex and written to reflect current evidence-based practice guidelines.
Features and Benefits
- CLINICAL SAFETY ALERTS—highlight key patient safety issues relevant to the performance of particular skills.
- STANDARDS FOR PRACTICE BOXES—link performance of the skills with The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) Standards for Practice (2016).
- CLINICAL SCENARIOS—link what you are learning to a relevant clinical story. They are designed to promote person-centred care and clinical reasoning skills.
- CRITICAL THINKING QUESTIONS—test your knowledge and application of learning at the end of each introductory section and following each Clinical Scenario.
- WHAT IF FEATURES—explore unexpected outcomes in a concept map format.
- LIFESPAN CONSIDERATIONS—present age-related content to alert you to differences in caring for people of different ages.
3P STRUCTURE—provides step-by-step instructions around:
1. Preparing and planning
2. Performing the procedure
3. Priorities post-procedure
- EXPLANATIONS and RATIONALES—explain the reason for particular NURSING ACTIONS and decisions in the 3P Table.
- Critical steps are VISUALLY REPRESENTED with full colour photos and illustrations.
- Each 3P Table has a corresponding CLINICAL SKILL APPRAISAL FORM that is provided at the end of each unit and downloadable online.
- FURTHER READINGS, WEBLINKS and REFERENCES—are at the end of each chapter and provide evidence-based resources to extend your learning.