Building upon the strengths of previous editions, the sixth Australian edition of Sociology is an invaluable sourcebook that provides a solid understanding of Sociology in Australia.
It includes clear presentation and expression, breadth and depth of coverage, and up-to-date discussions of both theoretical debates and empirical research. Each chapter offers a global perspective, locating the Australian experience in the context of other parts of the world.
The latest social science research has been included and every chapter been revised to keep abreast of current developments in Australian and international sociology.
- Statistics in figures and tables throughout the book have been updated.
- Current social and political issues have been included throughout.
- Updated Global Perspective in each chapter.
- A revised set of high quality instructor resources: Testbank, Instructor's Manual, Image Library and a NEW Powerpoint deck for each chapter.
Features and Benefits:
- Key Australian and international scholarship is highlighted throughout the text.
- Case studies providing different scenarios for discussion are a useful tool to help students with the practical application of sociological theory.
- Opening vignettes captivate the reader’s attention and promote further discussion, encouraging active participation in the understanding of sociology.
- Study questions encourage students to think deeper about the content and promotes independent learning and group discussion.
- Further reading such list of books, films, journals and websites that provide useful additional information on the subjects covered in the chapter.
- Tables & Figures act as illustrative aids to assist students in the understanding of key theories and current trends.