Sports Law examines the various areas of law, including tort, criminal liability, contract, intellectual property, marketing, trade and competition, and explores the role they play in the world of Australian sport.
The third edition looks at recent controversies and common interest stories in both Australian and international sport, and helps students understand how the law operates in practice through the use of discussion questions and hypothetical scenarios.
Clear and engaging for a broad audience with backgrounds in law, business and sports management, Sports Law offers a comprehensive and accessible analysis of the legal pitfalls faced by players, managers, administrators and supporters on and off the sporting field.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Significant expansion on the topic of Governance in sport
- Topical cases including the ASADA investigation into the use of supplements by the Essendon Football Club
- Discussion on Concussion in SportDiscussion on the 2015 World Anti-Doping Code
- Hypothetical scenarios, encouraging students to test their knowledge in preparation for assessment
- Updated discussion questions
- Fully updated to reflect major legislative changes