The must - read guidebook for entrepreneurs looking to get into accelerator programs and to build and scale their startups with speed
Accelerator programs have become one of the most powerful and valuable resources for entrepreneurs seeking to learn rapidly, build powerful networks, raise capital, build their startups and do this at speed and scale. In recent years, the number of accelerator programs around the world has grown at an incredible rate, propelling startups such as AirBnB, Uber, DropBox, Reddit, and others -- many to billion-dollar valuations. The number of accelerators, the differences in accelerator program offerings and the unique benefits and costs of different accelerator locations makes choosing the right accelerator a challenge. Selecting the wrong accelerator, failing to be accepted in the right one, or not fully taking advantage of all the accelerator has to offer can be costly, sometimes fatal. With the stakes so high, entrepreneurs need to understand all their options, choose carefully and do the right things to maximize their chances of success.
Startup Accelerators is the go to guide for any entrepreneur, providing a firsthand look into the acceptance criteria and inner workings of different accelerator programs. Written by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs, this indispensable resource explains what different accelerator programs offer, how to get accepted, what to do during the program, how to raise money during accelerators, what to do after the program ends, and much more. Packed with real-world case studies and advice from leading experts on startup accelerator programs, this one-stop resource provides step-by-step guidance on the entire accelerator process.
- Reveals how accelerators help founders navigate different challenges in the startup journey
- Describes the differences in the benefits and costs of different accelerator programs
- Explains how to prepare accelerator applications
- Discloses what actions to take during an accelerator to make the most of it
- Depicts case studies of entrepreneurs' accelerator applications, experiences and outcomes across different accelerators
- Features interviews with accelerator program managers, founders who went through accelerators, and investors in companies going through or having gone through accelerators
- Includes insightful data and reflections from entrepreneurship education researchers and academics
Startup Accelerators: A Field Guide will prove to be invaluable for startup founders considering or going through accelerators, as well as aspiring entrepreneurs, educators, and other startup accelerator stakeholders.