Present today's most comprehensive, student-focused introduction to economics with Tucker's Survey of Economics, 10E.
Designed specifically for one-semester introductory economics courses for non-majors, this reader-friendly, intriguing presentation emphasizes critical thinking and active learning. Students learn basic economic tools and topics within the context of real-world issues. They see how economic issues are resolved nationally and globally with the book's unrivaled visual learning support, applications and review.
The latest updates introduce economic careers and the changing economic character of the U.S. Students examine pressing topics, such as federal deficit and national debt, income levels and fair pay for females, social networking and gas prices. Complete learning and online teaching resources through MindTap or Aplia help students master economics basics with success.
- DISTINCTIVE PART “ROAD MAPS” REVIEW KEY MATERIAL FROM EACH PART. “Road Maps” concludes each part with review questions from the previous part, organized by chapter. To reinforce concepts, each set of questions relates to the interactive Causation Chain Games found within the MindTap. Students simply click through these interactive exercises for fun review and hands-on learning. Answers to the questions are available in the indicated appendices.
- LEADING MINDTAP DIGITAL COURSE ENCOURAGES INTERACTIVE LEARNING. MindTap offers comprehensive interactive economic problem sets, videos, tutorials, and critical thinking exercises that require students to take an active role in the learning process. This system helps your students improve economic understanding without creating extra work for you, the instructor. The system automatically grades and records homework and works with any learning management system.
- OUTSTANDING VISUAL SUMMARIES WRAP UP KEY POINTS FROM EACH CHAPTER. Each chapter ends with a brief point-by-point summary of the key concepts. Many of these summarized points include miniaturized versions of the important graphs and Causation Chains that illustrate key concepts. These serve as visual reminders for your students as they finish the chapters. They are also useful in reviewing and studying for quizzes and exams.
- CUSTOMIZATION CHOICES IN MINDTAP AND APLIA OFFER ULTIMATE TEACHING FLEXIBILITY. Chapters can be rearranged and online chapters can be customized for printing. You have the option to add any topic, including your own research and notes or specialized topics drawn from Cengage's current Economics Issues database.
- CAUSATION CHAIN GAME HELPS STUDENTS VISUALIZE COMPLEX ECONOMIC RELATIONSHIPS. A favorite with instructors like you, Tucker's highly successful Causation Chains are included under many graphs throughout this edition. This learning device helps students visualize complex economic relationships using simple box diagrams that illustrate how one change causes another change. Each causation chain in the text has a corresponding animated Causation Chain Game online within MindTap. This game makes it fun to learn and easy to succeed.
- EXCLUSIVE "ANALYZE THE ISSUE" FEATURES TEST STUDENTS' UNDERSTANDING OF PRINCIPLES. These challenging features follow each "You’re the Economist" and "Global Economics" insert. They are designed to check your students' understanding of how the content relates to practical economic concepts. Specific, thought-provoking questions prompt meaningful classroom discussions or may be assigned for homework. Corresponding answers appear in the Instructor's Manual.
- UNIQUE CHECKPOINTS GENERATE STUDENT INTEREST AND PROMPT CRITICAL THINKING. Who says learning economics isn’t be fun? Unique, engaging "Checkpoints" spark your students' interest while checking their progress using challenging economics puzzles in a game-like style. Students enjoy analyzing and answering intriguing questions and can check their answers at the end of the chapter. They gain personal satisfaction from realizing that they have truly mastered a concept.