The Biophilia Effect celebrates our interconnection with nature and shows how to deeply engage the natural world wherever you live to dramatically improve your health. This unabridged audio presentation shares fascinating biomedical research into nature's healing effects on our bodies, practical tools and activities, and inspiring stories about the remarkable benefits of being in nature. This translation of the German bestseller explores:
- Biophilia--psychotherapist and philosopher Erich Fromm's term for people's love for nature
- How nature alleviates pain and accelerates recuperation
- Yards and gardens as a source of inspiration, happiness, and health
- How landscapes interact with the human psyche
- Nature's influence on the mind, heart, and other vital organs of the body
"The biophilia effect happens when we connect with our roots," writes Arvay. "The biophilia effect stands for wilderness and the conception of nature, for natural beauty and aesthetics, and for breaking free and healing. That is what this book is about." The Biophilia Effect is your guide to accessing the sacred bond we share with nature, wherever you call home. Narrated by Kyle Hebert.