The Care Processis an accessible textbook for nursing, health and social care students that covers the fundamental principles and practice of the care process.
Using clear explanations, scenarios, activities, and an overarching case study that runs through every chapter, the book will help you to understand the four stages of the care process - Assessment, Planning, Implementation, and Review and Evaluation.
You will learn:
- How communicationunderpins all stages of the care process and how to develop your own communication skills.
- How to use decision-making models and toolsin the care process.
- How, why and when to use different tools and approaches in assessingservice users' needs.
- How to apply the principles of care planningto your practice.
- How to ensure that the care you provide is person-centred and holistic.
- How to evaluate care interventionsand how review and evaluation can assure the quality of care.
This concise and practical book will help you to understand the care process and to incorporate the skills and techniques you have learnt into your own care practice.
Essentialsis a series of accessible, introductory textbooks for students in nursing, health and social care. New and forthcoming titles in the series:
- Communication Skills
- Study Skills
- Promoting Health and Wellbeing
- Research and Evidence-based Practice