Sally Savage, Clinical Lead for Northamptonshire NHS Eating Disorders Lifespan Service
Affecting thousands of people every year with potentially devastating consequences, anorexia, bulimia and binge eating disorders are becoming increasingly evident in today's fast paced, high pressured society.
Drawing on over 20 years' experience as a practitioner, Sara Gilbert takes the reader through the complexities of working with eating disorders, drawing on practical, cognitive behavioural and educational approaches to theory, assessment, treatment and practice. Packed full of new resources for both qualified professionals and trainees, this new edition includes:
* A summary of new research on the causes of eating disorders, dual diagnosis and co-morbidity.
* New content on the best treatment for eating disorders and preparing clients for treatment.
* An updated chapter examining the effects of nutrition on physical and psychological well-being.
* New content on working with complexity and risk.
* A fully updated reference section.
This is a vital resource for practitioners in the mental health field, including psychotherapists, psychologists, counsellors, psychiatrists, mental health nurses and dieticians.
Sara Gilbert is a chartered clinical psychologist whose specialist interest in the field of eating disorders spans 20 years. She has worked for 12 years as a clinical lead in an eating disorder service in the NHS and is now in private practice.