Visualizing Health Care Statistics: A Data-Mining Approach is an engaging, introduction to health care statistics that demonstrates how to visualize health care statistics by using Microsoft Excel and R-Project (open source statistical software) along with hands-on examples using real-world data. In each chapter, readers are encouraged to apply statistical knowledge to real-world health care situations. Through this approach, the reader develops data gathering and analysis skills, while learning how to report and present the data in an impactful way.
* A breadth of real-world, current health data, including global examples to put health care into a worldwide context.
* An introduction to the modern computer software that readers will use in their careers to apply statistics, including Excel and open-source R-Project.
* A data-mining approach helps readers understand how big data can be used systematically to increase health care quality and safety while cutting costs.
* Data visualization in each chapter to highlight the importance of reporting data to end-users in a meaningful way.
* Alignment with new CAHIIM standards, and notes those standards throughout the text.
* An ideal resource for preparing for the Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) exam.
* Helpful appendices including common abbreviations used in statistics, formulas for health care statistics, resources for further information, CAHIIM competency exercises, and more.
- Publication Date:
- Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Country of origin:
- United States
- 2nd Edition
This title is in stock with our Australian supplier and arrives at our Sydney warehouse within 7-10 working days of you placing an order.
Once received into our warehouse we will despatch it to you with a Shipping Notification which includes online tracking.
Please check the estimated delivery times below for your region, for after your order is despatched from our warehouse:
ACT Metro 2 working days
NSW Metro 2 working days
NSW Rural 2-3 working days
NSW Remote 2-5 working days
NT Metro 3-6 working days
NT Remote 4-10 working days
QLD Metro 2-4 working days
QLD Rural 2-5 working days
QLD Remote 2-7 working days
SA Metro 2-5 working days
SA Rural 3-6 working days
SA Remote 3-7 working days
TAS Metro 3-6 working days
TAS Rural 3-6 working days
VIC Metro 2-3 working days
VIC Rural 2-4 working days
VIC Remote 2-5 working days
WA Metro 3-6 working days
WA Rural 4-8 working days
WA Remote 4-12 working days