When you become a ward or unit manager, sister or charge nurse, your responsibilities change and you need a very different set of skills compared to your previous roles. You are now required to manage a team of staff with a set budget and are responsible for maintaining an environment in which people can work well.
This book will help you to:
- Identify your responsibilities and best approaches as a manager to provide patients with a high standard of care through your staff;
- Read through examples, suggestions and tips following a highly practical approach;
- Manage your staff, time and budget;
- Create a positive work environment;
- Completely updated and revised content written by well-known authors with extensive experience in the field;
- New sections on responsible use of social media, working with different generations in the workplace; how to make an impact, taking care of yourself etc.
- Leading teams in the context of enduring financial and staffing constraints
Part of the A Nurse’s Survival Guide series.