This book presents the fourteen di!erent types of biblical rest and shows how tired and overworked women can incorporate them into their everyday lives.
Today's Christian women are tired. They battle exhaustion—physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. They have too much work to do, and far too many people who depend on them. While they may treasure their roles as wives, mothers, church volunteers, and career women, oftentimes, in trying to manage everything well, they forfeit personal rest and refreshment time. Without necessarily meaning to, family members, employers, society, and even the church often urge women to work harder and accomplish more. Some women today believe they have no "right" to rest. Many have never been given permission to rest.
Some Christian women admit they feel guilty or sel"sh when they rest, as if they are wasting their time. These women have never discovered the life-enhancing secrets of biblical rest—the type of rest God's Word clearly teaches. Women need to know that God created them to rest, both the "put-up-your-feet-for-ten-minutes-rest," as well as the deeply-satisfying, life renewing rest God's Word teaches. God gives his daughters permission to rest—the right to rest!
In A Woman's Right to Rest, you will discover the fourteen distinctive types of rest Scripture teaches and encourages, and that biblical characters (including Jesus himself) demonstrate in the Gospels. You will learn how to incorporate each type of rest into your busy, everyday life.
What this book will do for readers:
• Explain biblical rest and how it di!ers from society's de"nition of rest
• Teach the fourteen di!erent types of biblical rest and how to incorporate them into everyday life
• Show Christian women that biblical rest is a Scriptural mandate, not a luxury
• Explain why regular biblical rest is essential to a woman's life, work, and faith
• Show how biblical rest empowers and enhances a woman's total health, relationships, work/career, and God-called ministry to others
• Provide practical ways to rest (as taught by Scripture), showing how to make each rest time a meaningful and spiritual experience