The Discourse on the Method is one of the most influential works in the history of modern philosophy, and important to the evolution of natural sciences.
This Book is best known as the source of the famous quotation: Cogito Ergo Sum – I Think, Therefore I Am.
It is a method which gives a solid platform from which all modern natural sciences could evolve. With this work, the idea of skepticism was revived from the ancients such as Sextus Empiricus and modified to account for a truth that Descartes found to be incontrovertible. Descartes started his line of reasoning by doubting everything, so as to assess the world from a fresh perspective, clear of any preconceived notions.
Highlights of this edition are:
* 17 illustration and photos.
* A free online audio file of the book – downloadable. (The audio link only works on the Kobo’s Android and iOS apps).
* It is formatted for ease of use and enjoyment on your kobo reader.
* An active (easy to use) Table of Contents listing every chapter accessible from the kobo menu.
Plus About the Author section.
* 128 pages (in the kobo format) for a very low price.
This book is unabridged (unedited) and the story appears as it was first published in 1637.