The fourth edition of the Handbook of Psychological Assessment, provides scholarly overviews of the major areas of psychological assessment, including test development, psychometrics, technology of testing, and commonly used assessment measures. Psychological assessment is included for all ages, with new coverage encompassing ethnic minorities and the elderly. Assessment methodology discussed includes formal testing, interviewing, and observation of behavior. The handbook also discusses assessment of personality and behavior, including intelligence, aptitude, interest, achievement, personality and psychopathology. New coverage includes use of assessments in forensic applications.
- Encompasses test development, psychometrics, and assessment measures
- Covers assessment for all age groups
- Includes formal testing, interviews, and behavioral observation as testing measures
- Details assessments for intelligence, aptitude, achievement, personality, and psychopathology
- New coverage of assessments used in forensic psychology
- New coverage on assessments with ethnic minorities