Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Best of California is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Hug a tree in ancient redwood forests, uncover hidden beaches while cruising the Pacific Coast Highway, or sashay along San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of California and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Best of California:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, environmental issues, cuisine, wine, beer, lifestyle
- Over 49 color maps
- Covers Los Angeles, San Francisco, Northern California, Central Coast, Napa Valley, Sonoma Valley, Yosemite National Park, Sierra Nevada, San Diego, Disneyland, Orange County and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
**The Perfect Choice:**Lonely Planet Best of California, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on California's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the state has to offer? Check out Lonely Planet California guide.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.