Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Discover the freedom of open roads while touring Great Britain withLonely Planet's Great Britain's **Best Trips,**your passport to up-to-date advice on uniquely encountering Great Britain by car. Featuring 36 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can discover the grandeur of Scotland's mountains and wind through England's quaint country lanes, all with your trusted travel companion. Get to Great Britain, rent a car, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet's Great Britain's Best Trips:
- Lavish colour and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 36 easy-to-read, full-colour route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Driving Problem Buster, Detours, and Link Your Trip
- Covers England, Scotland, Wales, the West Country, the Cotswolds, Bath, Edinburgh, Stonehenge, Welsh Mountains, Cambridge, Oxford, the northern wilderness, Stratford-upon-Avon, Blenheim Palace and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Great Britain's Best Trips is perfect for exploring Great Britain via the road and discovering sights that are more accessible by car.
Planning a Great Britain trip sans a car? Lonely Planet's Great Britain guide, our most comprehensive guide to Great Britain, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
Looking for a guide focused on London? Check out Lonely Planet's London guide for a comprehensive look at all the city has to offer, or Pocket London, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.