Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Mauiis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Buckle up and hit the Hana Hwy - with its 600 twists and turns, towering cliffs and jungle valleys; take time out and go snorkeling with turtles at Turtle Beach; or take in a jam session at an intimate slack key guitar concert in Napili -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Maui and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Maui Travel Guide:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - landscape, cuisine, diving, snorkeling, surfing, off-the-beaten track, history, wildlife, arts
- Free, convenient pull-out Maui regional map (included in print version), plus over 55 color maps
- Covers Lahaina, West Maui, Iao Valley, Central Maui, Kihei, South Maui, North Shore, Upcountry, Haleakala National Park, Hana, East Maui, Lanai, Molokai and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Maui, our most comprehensive guide to Maui, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less traveled.
Looking for more coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's Hawai'i: the Big Islandguide for a comprehensive look at what the Big Island has to offer.
Looking for a guide focused on another island in this destination? Check out Lonely Planet's Honolulu, Waikiki & O'ahu guide for a comprehensive look at all this island has to offer; or Pocket Honolulu, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.